I suggest you ...

"Is Christian Rock As Lousy As THE NEW YORKER Says It Is?"

Dear Fellow Spirit,

Happy 2019!

I hope you will test out the following article in which I contend that Kelefa Sanneh’s critique of Christian rock, which appeared in the September 24, 2018 issue of The New Yorker, was rendered unfair and false by an anti-Christian agenda that the author pretended not to have. (The author pretends to impartiality. His writing reveals something else.)

Although my New Yorker rebuttal directed to open-minded nonbelievers (with whom it hopes to challenge), I hope that it resonates with believers as well.

I hope it gives direction to some believers who remain silent in the face of anti-Christian media bias even though, I sometimes believe, that such silence might hurt God’s feelings.

(Isn’t it possible to be both loving and critical?)

With my New Yorker critique, I am looking for honest engagement--nothing more or less.

But if you try it, and like it enough, I hope you will share the article with others who sense might find it worthwhile to engage.

Here is the link:

https://scenesmedia.com/2018/12/is-christian-rock-as-lousy-as-the-new-yorker-says-it-is/

I hope you have a truth-filled year.

And thank you very much for your attention to this stranger (who, as of 2015, is grateful to call himself a Christian).

Truly,

Marc Smirnoff

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon